RACE DAY INFORMATION
Friday June 23rd:
- Packet Pickup 3pm-8pm at Loveland HS cafeteria - 920 W 29th St. 80538
- Bring your ID and USAT card if annual member. You must pickup your OWN packet. This includes all relay members, each relay member must bring ID. You may not pick up for other race participants.
- Pre-race meeting: If you are new to triathlon or new to Lake to Lake Tri, plan on attending one of the Raceday Meetings held at 3:30pm and 5:30pm. We will have info on all event categories at this meeting. Lake to Lake - Sprint - Aquabike. This is a great time to ask specific questions about the event, venue, course, rules, newbie info … etc.
- If you are not able to attend and have specific questions about race day, please contact Peggy before Friday. firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Day -- Saturday June 24th:
- Packet pickup begins at 5am in the cafeteria
- Transition area opens at 5am
Parking: in west and east lots adjacent to LHS -- access from 29th/Beech or 29th/Custer. West parking lot fills up first, but there is plenty of parking in the east lot.
Athletes only in the transition area.
- LAKE TO LAKE PARTICIPANTS: Please exit the transition area by
6:10 am. The first wave will enter in the water at 6:30. Allow yourself time to warm up.
There will be area in the lake for warm up.
There are 4 waves -- 4 minutes apart.
8:00 cut off time for swim portion.
- SPRINT ATHLETES: You must be on the race site
before 6:30 am. Lake to Lake begins at 6:30 and roads leading into the race venue
will be closed. PARK in the east parking lot of LHS. You will have designated
bike racks in the transition area for sprint participants. The transition area will
close at 6:50am. Please allow yourself time to warm up before the race begins.
The first wave enters the water at 7:15am.
There is an 8:00am cut off for swimmers. Assuming that you were to leave in the 2nd
wave at 7:19am, this would allow 40 minutes for you to complete swim course -- 5 min.
per 100 yards.
You will have designated bike racks in the transition area.
Your race will end at the finish line not in transition after cycling portion. Exit transition at the “RUN EXIT” there will be cones/ volunteers to direct you to the finish line.
- RELAYS: Relays will have a designated area in the transition area.
Swimmers will exit the water and run to the transition area where cyclist is waiting at the bike
rack -- runner will in turn be at bike rack waiting for cyclist to return. Team will
have one timing chip on a Velcro strap which you must “hand off” after each leg is completed.
Strap this chip to your ankle.
- CYCLISTS: The southbound lane from Harmony/Taft Hill Road south to Wilson and 50th will be closed to traffic during the Lake to Lake race -- so we must impose a 10:30am cut-off for cyclists
entering this portion of the course.
More timeline details will follow -- but please understand that a cut-off time is necessary as we have arranged detours and road closures which can inconvenience traffic for a limited time. In the last 4 years all Lake to Lake cyclists have returned to the transition before 10:00am.
- POST RACE MEAL will begin at 9:00 for all athletes -- great post race meal, so plan to stay for breakfast! Awards to follow!